How AOL mail works ?
AOL is the free webmail service provided by AOL. AOL Mail has completely changed the interface giving it a new look. If you want to use AOL mail service then use some steps.
Create AOL account
To get used with the AOL account, go to “mail.aol.com” and click on the button of “ get free AOL mail”. After now you may choose a unique email address like as “firstname.lastname@example.org”. If your address is unique then will be asked to choose a password and you fill the password according to your remembering but if your email address is not unique that means already have an account to this email address and you choose another email address for AOL account. It can automatically give the email address based on your email address.
2. Log in
If you are first time logging into AOL account then you will see the main part of the screen taken up with scrolling headlines from AOL news. This news is actually the email function that is located on the left side of the screen. There you will see a big list of icons and folders:
- Inbox: Inbox is where all of your received emails are stored. When you will click on the inbox option, you will be taken the inbox view. These email list will be according to newest to oldest email. You want to be read which email, click on it and it will open. All of the basic options for responding and managing email is located at the top of the window screen.
- Reply: Reply lets you write a message back to the sender.
- Forward: forward lets you forward the email along to another person.
- Action: The action button is the pull-down menu with advanced organizational options.
- Delete: sends the message to your trash folder.
- Spam: sends the message to your spam folder which will help AOL mail identify future spam.
You can spell check on your message with using “spelling” button at the top of the window. When you click on misspelled words too see suggested words on your screen and you can choose the right words. You can also attach any files or image by using the “attach file” option. When you are satisfied with your written message, press the “send” button at the top of the screen and if you are not ready to send the message and you want to use this message after sometimes then you can the “save draft” button to save the message in your drafts folder on the left side.
Contacts and Calendar
Below of trash folder are two icons for contacts and calendar. In contacts will be saved your all contacts same as your address book. when you click on the “contacts” option, a new window will open where you can add a new contact. In this, you can fill their email addresses and other information, and organize them into lists.
If you want to save any events then you can use the calendar options. Click the “calendar” button and open the integrated calendar application. Hit the “new event” button and add any event, appointment or meeting. You will be asked on this to name the event, set the time and date and set up the reminder the alert. You can also add event-description and location as well as any event. how aol worked how does aol mail work.
Read Also:- Connect any Canon Wireless Printer